Date:	Thu, 15 Jul 2010 17:23:40 -0700
From:	"H.K. Jerry Chu" <hkjerry.chu@...il.com>
To:	Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@...tta.com>
Cc:	Rick Jones <rick.jones2@...com>,
	Bill Fink <billfink@...dspring.com>,
	Hagen Paul Pfeifer <hagen@...u.net>,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, lists@...dgooses.com,
	davidsen@....com, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Raise initial congestion window size / speedup slow start?

I don't even consider a modest IW increase to 10 is aggressive. The scaling
of IW is only adequate IMO given the huge b/w growth in the past
decade. Remember there could be plenty of flows sending large cwnd
bursts at
twice the bottleneck link rate at any point of time in the network anyway so
the "fairness" question may already be ill-defined. In any case we're
trying to conduct some experiment in a private testbed to hopefully
get some insights
with real data.

Jerry