Date:	Sat, 17 Jul 2010 16:54:57 +0300
From:	Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@...il.com>
To:	"Tantilov, Emil S" <emil.s.tantilov@...el.com>
Cc:	"Kirsher, Jeffrey T" <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>,
	"Allan, Bruce W" <bruce.w.allan@...el.com>,
	"Pieper, Jeffrey E" <jeffrey.e.pieper@...el.com>
Subject: RE: [REGRESSION] e1000e stopped working [MANUALLY BISECTED]

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 17:23 -0600, Tantilov, Emil S wrote:
> Maxim Levitsky wrote:

> >> I only did test plain 2.6.34 (v2.6.34)
> > And forgot to add, that it did work.
> >

> >> Also I repeat that revert of e98cac447cc1cc418dff1d610a5c79c4f2bdec7f
> >> (e1000e: Fix/cleanup PHY reset code for ICHx/PCHx) fixes the bug on
> >> vanilla kernel.
> >>
> >> Also I just pulled latest vanilla git, and I according to diffstat I
> >> see no changes in e1000e, so its likely that bug remains there.
> >> I will test that soon.
> > Tested, broken as expected.
>
> That makes sense. Unfortunately we are still not able to reproduce even on recent pull from Linus tree.
>
> If you want - you can look at the patches for e1000e in net-next and start applying those to your tree until the issue is resolved.

That exactly what I will do soon.

Also I can narrow down the problem by reverting the commit partially.

After one week, I will have enough free time to do all the thing like
above. Now I have none.

> I will keep trying it here, but none of the systems we have exhibit the issue you described, so the bug could be exposed by something in your system/config.
I also think so. Otherwise, we would see more bug-reports.

You probably don't need to try anymore and reproduce that issue, because
of that.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky