Date:	Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:11:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:	Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@...ozas.de>
To:	Luciano Coelho <luciano.coelho@...ia.com>
cc:	"netfilter-devel@...r.kernel.org" <netfilter-devel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"kaber@...sh.net" <kaber@...sh.net>,
	"sameo@...ux.intel.com" <sameo@...ux.intel.com>
Subject: Re: [RFC v2] netfilter: xt_condition: add condition target

On Tuesday 2010-07-20 13:04, Luciano Coelho wrote:

>Yes, I made this patch on top of the one you have sent earlier for
>upstream inclusion.  There were some comments from Patrick to that one
>and, as I said in my email yesterday, I'll rebase the target patches
>once the original one is included upstream.

The original one won't be - that is, basically you will be making the
initial upstream submission.
However, you are right; fabricating two patches is a good idea and
is in fact what I advertise too (xt_TEE discussion about specifying
oif..) - avoiding a singular huge patch is a best practice.
Just be sure to have condition plus its 32-bit upgrade patch merged at
the same time.

>Do you want me to take a look at Patrick's comments and resubmit the
>patch you've sent with the changes Patrick asked for?

Yes. Not obeying His Highness's wishes is a death nail for a module ;-)