Date:	Tue, 18 Jan 2011 07:21:30 +0100
From:	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	jesse@...ira.com, bhutchings@...arflare.com, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [BUG] bnx2 + vlan + TSO : doesnt work

Le lundi 17 janvier 2011 à 22:09 -0800, David Miller a écrit :
> From: Jesse Gross <jesse@...ira.com>
> Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:13:18 -0800
>
> > I think it is better for netif_skb_features() to actually return the
> > correct features rather than bypass it here.  NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_TX
> > doesn't depend on any other offloads, so we can always include it if
> > it is in dev->features.
> >
> > Separately, this means there is a problem with bnx2 because it allows
> > vlan insertion to be turned off, which would have the same effect.
> > Maybe it is looking directly at skb->protocol or similar for TSO.
>
> Please, someone cons up an acceptable fix fast.

I just woke up, and honestly dont understand why only bnx2 is affected
by this problem of masking NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_TX

And I dont understand all this netif_skb_features() stuff : if we want
to actually test dev->features & NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_TX, and this flag
doesnt depend on other offloads, why are we doing features &
vlan_features.

Jesse, I dont understand why you say "bnx2 allows vlan insertion to be
turned off". Really.