Date:	Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:04:43 -0800
From:	Rick Jones <rick.jones2@...com>
To:	"Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst@...hat.com>
CC:	Simon Horman <horms@...ge.net.au>, Jesse Gross <jesse@...ira.com>,
	Rusty Russell <rusty@...tcorp.com.au>,
	virtualization@...ts.linux-foundation.org, dev@...nvswitch.org,
	virtualization@...ts.osdl.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	kvm@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Flow Control and Port Mirroring Revisited

>>I have constructed a test where I run an un-paced  UDP_STREAM test in
>>one guest and a paced omni rr test in another guest at the same time.
>

> Hmm, what is this supposed to measure?  Basically each time you run an
> un-paced UDP_STREAM you get some random load on the network.

Well, if the netperf is (effectively) pinned to a given CPU, presumably it would
be trying to generate UDP datagrams at the same rate each time.  Indeed though,
no guarantee that rate would consistently get through each time.

But then, that is where one can use the confidence intervals options to get an
idea by how much the rate varied.

rick jones