Date:	Sun, 5 Jun 2011 19:39:17 +0200
From:	Bernard Metzler <BMT@...ich.ibm.com>
To:	Bart Van Assche <bvanassche@....org>
Cc:	linux-rdma@...r.kernel.org, linux-rdma-owner@...r.kernel.org,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: software iwarp stack update

Bart,
many thanks for polling. About nine months ago we sent an initial
'softiwarp' patch to netdev and linux-rdma. We got encouraging
feedback including very helpful advice on how to improve that code.
I think we fixed all issues which were detected by the community
but somehow missed the point to feed back the code. Sorry about that.
Due to pressure from other projects softiwarp went a little
down on my priority list. But its immediately back when you are asking ;)

What we currently have is a stack which - due to requirements
from other projects - evolved further to now include also
some kernel client support (tested with NFSv4). We also fixed
issues in the connection management code path, which improved
stability. We also added some siw object statistics for debugging.

As mentioned, while keeping gitorious.org/softiwarp up to date
(it includes the latest changes) we missed to come back to the
list. I will now resume working on that, dedicating some more
of my time to it. Let me rebase the code with the current kernel
and send a new patch list later next week.

Many thanks, and sorry for the long-lasting silence,
Bernard.