Date:	Fri, 29 Jul 2011 09:03:52 +0200
From:	Andreas Steffen <andreas.steffen@...ongswan.org>
To:	T C <tccheung1@...il.com>
CC:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Kernel IPSec Questions

Hello Terry,

here a repost of my email including the netdev list and fixing
the last URL which was wrong.

Here the definition of strongSwan's IPsec high level kernel interface

http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=blob;f=src/libhydra/kernel/kernel_ipsec.h;h=986e21fca1bbd109445e95d86dbf458095299573;hb=HEAD

and here the link to the kernel-netlink plugin which implements
configuration and management of IPsec Policies and SAs via XFRM

http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=blob;f=src/libhydra/plugins/kernel_netlink/kernel_netlink_ipsec.c;h=06720a0f4bddf9fde60288f796df0eca647ae995;hb=HEAD

Our plugin of course relies on the ipsec.h, netlink.h, rtnetlink.h,
and xfrm.h Linux header files which define the API of the XFRM Netlink
kernel interface

http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=tree;f=src/include/linux;h=a41d3e9a10954c47aff2efeb06576f323c039483;hb=HEAD

Much more documentation than the Linux header files and the XFRM kernel
source code itself does not exist.

Finally a link which shows how strongSwan installs, updates, queries
and deletes IPsec Policies and SAs

http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=blob;f=src/libcharon/sa/child_sa.c;h=cda150f8736d010cf8d897071427daf8a02a337a;hb=HEAD

Just look for all "hydra->kernel_interface" function calls.

Best regards

Andreas