Date:	Fri, 4 Nov 2011 21:27:39 +0200
From:	Kevin Wilson <wkevils@...il.com>
To:	François-Xavier Le Bail <fx.lebail@...oo.com>
Cc:	David Stevens <dlstevens@...ibm.com>,
	"netdev-owner@...r.kernel.org" <netdev-owner@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: iproute2 neighboring

Hi,
Thanks all responses!
The answer that there is a fixed mapping in case of multicast is reasonable,
and I assume this is the reason for not seeing multicast addresses in
neigh table.
>You can also see group memberships with "ip m".
I wonder whether I can know from "ip -m" which multicast addresses
are attached to which ip addresses.
For example,
"ip -m" shows:
2:	em1
...     ip1
...     ip2
...     ip3
	inet  224.0.0.1
	inet6 ff02::1:ffcf:c821
	inet6 ff02::1

is the order important here?
namely, is  ip1 belongs to  224.0.0.1,
ip2 belongs to ff02::1:ffcf:c821, and ip3 belong to ff02::1?

rgs,
Kevin