Date:	Tue, 22 Nov 2011 06:31:00 +0100
From:	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>
To:	"Naveen B N (nbn)" <nbn@...co.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Get TOS from IP header

Le mardi 22 novembre 2011 à 07:06 +0530, Naveen B N (nbn) a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I want  to get the TOS field content from IP header at
> my application which is using SCTP protocol.
> I know that it can be done by Using RAW socket but
> There is a over head of implementing the sctp at the
> Application layer .
> Is there a better way of getting a TOS field filled
> Which we received from IP header.
>
> I taught of adding code in kernel to recognize a socket option at the kernel,
> If this option is set just and get TOS contents in receive .
>
> Please let me know if this is the way to go about it or is there
> A better way to achieve the same .

I believe SCTP is not yet described in "man 7 ip", but since its
obviously an IP protocol, all things described in this man page should
work.

       IP_RECVTOS (since Linux 2.2)
              If enabled the IP_TOS ancillary message is passed with  incoming  packets.
              It contains a byte which specifies the Type of Service/Precedence field of
              the packet header.  Expects a boolean integer flag.