Date:	Sun, 4 Mar 2012 14:58:22 +0100
From:	Mitar <mmitar@...il.com>
To:	Denys Fedoryshchenko <denys@...p.net.lb>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, Nejc Skoberne <nejc@...berne.net>,
	Jernej Kos <kostko@...matrix-one.org>, gw.2012@...de.com
Subject: Re: Ethernet-over-UDP virtual network interface

Hi!

The problem of GRE IP packets (IP protocol type 47) is that some
consumer routers filter them by default (or even do not have an option
to pass them through).

Maybe the best way would be just to implement greudptap link type
which would be the same as gretap, only it would be using UDP packets?
Do Linux bridge interfaces have MAC auto-discovery?

Do Linux gretap tunnels have MTU auto-discovery?

BTW, why is necessary to configure local IP address of the tunnel?
Shouldn't only a local MAC address be enough? And IP address only on
bridge interface?

Mitar