Date:	Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:47:58 +0000
From:	"Venkataraman, Meenakshi" <meenakshi.venkataraman@...el.com>
To:	Oliver Hartkopp <socketcan@...tkopp.net>,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
	"Guy, Wey-Yi W" <wey-yi.w.guy@...el.com>
CC:	"linville@...driver.com" <linville@...driver.com>,
	"linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org" <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>,
	"Spinadel, David" <david.spinadel@...el.com>
Subject: RE: net-next iwlwifi breaks compile - was Re: pull request:
 wireless-next 2012-04-18

Hey Oliver,

>Commit "iwlwifi: move scan related declarations out of iwl-core.h"
>
>http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/davem/net-
>next.git;a=commitdiff;h=8fb96d6e176cbf0a97b2391fa1fa09e608ee86f8
>
>breaks the compile when CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUGFS is not set, see:

[MV] Sorry about breaking net-next. I took a look at the patch that you've pointed to, and actually it's a patch that caused the problem. The commit that broke it is actually:

iwlwifi: expose static methods for MVM use

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git;a=commit;h=50c1e9a9e3b086465b1467d448c10f7fa1e0eb5c

It was fixed internally in a subsequent patch, but that patch has not made it into net-next. I don't see it in the public iwlwifi repository either. We'll add the fix to the repository so you can pick it up.

Thanks & sorry,
Meenakshi