Date:	Tue, 29 May 2012 10:55:50 -0600
From:	TJ Johnson <tjjohnson10200@...il.com>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, bhutchings@...arflare.com
Subject: Fwd: Ethtool not displaying ntuple/nfc rule settings

Sorry for the double send. Had to convert to plain text as I received
failure messages.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: TJ Johnson <tjjohnson10200@...il.com>
Date: Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM
To: netdev@...r.kernel.org, bhutchings@...arflare.com

Hi,

Not sure if this is even the right place to ask this, so feel free to push
me somewhere else if necessary. I am using ethtool's -U option to set up
rules for an ixgbe device. That part seems to work great. However I am
unable to check the currently configured rules once they are in place.

ethtool -u DEVNAME produces this:
Cannot get RX rings: Operation not supported
rxclass: Cannot get RX class rule count: Operation not supported
RX classification rule retrieval failed

ethtool -n DEVNAME rx-flow-hash udp4 produces this:
Cannot get RX network flow hashing options: Operation not supported

The ethtool version I am using is 3.2, however I have tried 2.6.36-2.6.39.
Just used configure; make for building the tool.

ethtool -i gives this for the device version:

driver: ixgbe
version: 3.3.9-NAPI
firmware-version: 1.0-3
bus-info: 0000:0c:00.0
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: yes
supports-eeprom-access: yes
supports-register-dump: yes
supports-priv-flags: no

The OS is SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 using a custom 2.6.36 kernel.

Any Ideas as to what the problem might be? Or how I can solve the issue?

Thanks,
TJ