Date:	Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:56:53 -0400
From:	Dustin Schumm <shodid@...il.com>
To:	romieu@...zoreil.com
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Reoccuring kern.log events after running xl2tp with ethernet
 adapter Realtek 8111E

Let me start off by thanking you for helping with this.
I'm not that experienced with Linux so as to provide all surrounding
information, so let me know if you need more.
Forgive me for sending this in plain test as I got a reject from
netdev for html.

The 816x for Ubuntu on kernel 3.2.0
r8169 0000:0c:00.0: eth0: RTL8168e/8111e at 0xf845e000,
bc:5f:f4:10:75:4b, XID 0c200000 IRQ 58
ethtool info
driver: r8169
version: 2.3LK-NAPI
firmware-version: rtl_nic/rtl8168e-2.fw
bus-info: 0000:0c:00.0

I've also tested with Fedora 17 using kernel 3.3.7
http://codepad.org/lxkcRLqp
This paste is from Fedora. Like Ubuntu, it starts with "general
protection fault: 0000 [#1] SMP" but does not give the other looping
messages after as in Ubuntu.
The 816x for Fedora is
r8169 0000:0c:00.0: eth0: RTL8168e/8111e at 0xf7e78000,
bc:5f:f4:10:75:4b, XID 0c200000 IRQ 60
ethtool info
driver: r8169
version: 2.3LK-NAPI
firmware-version: rtl_nic/rtl8168e-2.fw
bus-info: 0000:0c:00.0

and tested again with Cent OS 6.2 using kernel 2.6.32
Everything was functional without error here. I had replaced CentOS by
the time I got this mail so I hadn't captured the 816x here and forgot
to obtain the kern.log
ethtool info
driver: r8169
version: 2.3LK-NAPI