Date:	Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:19:23 +0300
From:	"Yuval Mintz" <yuvalmin@...adcom.com>
To:	"davem@...emloft.net" <davem@...emloft.net>
cc:	"Chris Friesen" <chris.friesen@...band.com>,
	"Ben Hutchings" <bhutchings@...arflare.com>,
	"Greg Rose" <gregory.v.rose@...el.com>,
	linux-pci@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: New commands to configure IOV features

>>> I think a PCI utility tool would be better, SR-IOV is not limited to
>>> network devices.  That's one of the reasons I dropped the RFC.  I
>>> haven't gotten back to the idea since then due to my day job keeping me
>>> pretty busy.
>>
>> For what it's worth, I agree with this.
>
> From my perspective it would be ideal if this could be exported via /sys or something

Well, obviously unless there was a sudden change in our stance regarding
sysfs we will not head that way.

This thread got no replies from the pci community, and I'm unfamiliar
with such a tool.

Dave, What's your stance in the matter - do you wish us to continue pursuing
some pci tool (which might or might not exist), or instead work on
a networking solution to this issue?

Do you happen to know such a tool?

Thanks,
Yuval