Date:	Fri, 24 Aug 2012 19:38:38 +0000
From:	"Keller, Jacob E" <jacob.e.keller@...el.com>
To:	Ben Hutchings <bhutchings@...arflare.com>,
	Richard Cochran <richardcochran@...il.com>
CC:	"Vick, Matthew" <matthew.vick@...el.com>,
	"Kirsher, Jeffrey T" <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>,
	"davem@...emloft.net" <davem@...emloft.net>,
	"gospo@...hat.com" <gospo@...hat.com>,
	"sassmann@...hat.com" <sassmann@...hat.com>
Subject: RE: [net-next 10/13] igb: Tidy up wrapping for CONFIG_IGB_PTP.

The IGP_PTP is necessary otherwise you have to do something like #if defined(CONFIG_PTP_1588_CLOCK), or #ifdef CONFIG_PTP_1588_CLOCK \ #ifdef CONFIG_PTP_1588_CLOCK_MODULE

The main reason that I wouldn't want to un-wrap the timestamping is because the hwtstamp ioctl is somewhat problematic because it is almost all ptp only. Also, some of the parts for igb driver don't support timestamp all, they only support ptp only packets, and this would be a lot more confusing since I would say still only allow that if ptp is on.. (since those values are useless except with the PHC clock)

- Jake