Date:	Thu, 06 Sep 2012 16:35:51 -0600
From:	Chris Friesen <chris.friesen@...band.com>
To:	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: [RFC] ip autoconfig: allow specifying a list of devices rather than
 one or all

We have an embedded system that boots of the network.  This system has a
pair of bonded gigE links used for booting and management, and a pair of
bonded 10G links used for data traffic.

What we're seeing is that when ip_auto_config() calls
ic_open_devs() to open up all the network ports, the data ports
immediately start getting *hammered* with traffic, we get "nf_conntrack:
table full, dropping packet", errors, and we sometimes lose the DHCP

We need to be able to boot off of both the gigE ports for redundancy, so
it seems like it might be a reasonable idea to extend the "ip=" boot arg
to allow specifying a list of devices rather than choosing between a
single device or all of them.

Thoughts?  Anyone ever done this?

Chris

--