Date:	Fri, 9 Nov 2012 12:54:08 -0800
From:	Vijay Subramanian <subramanian.vijay@...il.com>
To:	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>
Cc:	Vincent Li <vincent.mc.li@...il.com>,
	Yuchung Cheng <ycheng@...gle.com>, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: How to compile tcp fast open client app with kernel tfo client
 support ?

On 9 November 2012 12:27, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-11-09 at 12:17 -0800, Vincent Li wrote:
>
>> I have tried to run fresh build net-next, for some reason the build
>> stops ssh service from starting up, tried 3.7.0-rc4 too, same issue. I
>> don't know if it is new kernel bug or ubuntu upstart bug, but that is
>> another issue.
>>

> Not sure Ubuntu 10.04 binaries can run a 3.7 kernel.
>
> Some bug fixes in kernel need bug fixes in userland.
>
> You could try a bisection ?

 I saw the same issue with Ubuntu starting around 3.7.0-rc1 but 3.6
was fine if I recall. (I did a partial bisection but was not sure it
was a kernel issue)
 sshd would not start up on boot and I 'fixed' it by adding the
following in /etc/rc.local since I assumed it was a userspace issue.

if [ ! -d /var/run/sshd ]; then
   mkdir /var/run/sshd
   chmod 0755 /var/run/sshd
fi