Date:	Wed, 5 Dec 2012 13:22:45 -0800
From:	叶雨飞 <sunyucong@...il.com>
To:	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>
Cc:	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: ksoftirqd 100% after disabling IPv4 route cache on high pps.

Hi Eric,

After disabling the route cache, I found a forwarding performance
problem (inevitable ?). Basically the kernel couldn't keep up under
about 100k pps and ksoftirqd is dominating the CPU. This problem went
away right away if I do

echo  1 > rt_cache_rebuild_count

and comes back as soon as i do echo -1 > rt_cache_rebuild_count.

I then tried to use RPS/RFS to share the load on to mulitple cpus
(since ksoftirqd is only using 1 core, clearly). but that has little
effect.

Is there some tweaks/patches you recommend?

Thanks in advance.