Date:	Sun, 27 Jan 2013 18:21:35 +0100
From:	Stephan Gatzka <stephan.gatzka@...il.com>
To:	Stefan Richter <stefanr@...6.in-berlin.de>
CC:	YOSHIFUJI Hideaki <yoshfuji@...ux-ipv6.org>,
	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	linux1394-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Subject: Re: [RFC:] struct net_device_ops: Add function pointer to fill device
 specific ndisc information

> I am not a contributor to net/, hence don't have a say over how the
> networking APIs should evolve.
>
> Any solution is fine with me, as long as net/ does not use any definitions
> or declarations from <linux/firewire.h>.

O.k. then I will go for Yoshifujis "extended hwaddress" approch.

I think I will divide all the stuff into two major pieces:

First I will rewrite the existing IPv4 over Firewire driver to use the
notification mechanisms and also generate the RFC2734 ARP packets in the
arp code.

Then I'll implement the IPv6 stuff based on that IPv4 solution.

Regards and many thanks for the discussion especially to Yoshifuji.

Stephan