Date:	Fri, 8 Feb 2013 18:47:18 +0000
From:	"Wyborny, Carolyn" <carolyn.wyborny@...el.com>
To:	Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bugcy013@...il.com>
CC:	e1000-devel <e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>,
	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	Ben Hutchings <bhutchings@...arflare.com>
Subject: RE: [E1000-devel] How to enable Adaptive RX on

I am the igb driver owner at Intel.  Ben is correct, igb does not have an adaptive coalescing implementation.  We have implemented instead the rx_usecs parameter you can use to set an interrupt rate that optimizes your traffic scenario.  Start with a value in the range of 2000 to 3000 and adjust up or down in order to find the best setting.  You will be likely wanting maximum throughput without too much cpu utilization.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Carolyn Wyborny
Linux Development