Date:	Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:07:49 +0000
From:	"Perla, Sathya" <Sathya.Perla@...lex.Com>
To:	Gavin Shan <shangw@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	CAI Qian <caiqian@...hat.com>
CC:	Ivan Vecera <ivecera@...hat.com>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: RE: be2net failed to initialize regression

Gavin, the SEMAPHORE register is read/polled-on only in be_eeh_reset(), which
is called only after the adapter is reset. Why will this read incur an additional EEH error?

> be2net: use CSR-BAR SEMAPHORE reg for BE2/BE3
>
> I'm thinking that we would still check POST status through PCI-CFG register and
> then ensure CSR-BAR on the problematic adapter is ready while resuming the
> adapter. That's just like what the patches I send do :-)

On BE2/BE3 chips, the PCI-CFG register cannot be relied on. As I mentioned in my
previous mails, it returns the wrong FW ready state.