Date:	Mon, 03 Jun 2013 16:00:10 -0400
From:	Jackson Corson <jcorson@....unh.edu>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
CC:	Craig Chabot <cly34@....unh.edu>
Subject: Inquiry About How to Make Reliable Wireless Injection Using MAC80211

Hi everyone,

My name is Jackson Corson and I work for the University of New Hampshire
Interoperability Lab. I am currently working on a project to implement a
wireless testing tool that can test our MAC 802.11n Conformance test
suite. This tool is designed to send and receive any packet. It
currently uses Lorcon2 to inject packets into mac80211. This has worked
quite well except for the fact that radio tap headers are ignored and
fields get set without me changing them. For example, the Duration/ID
field always has a value even when set to 0. This means the tool only
injects packets at basic rates and does not have reliable packet
creation. My question to you guys is how can I get my tool to send
packets quickly, reliably, and with the correct rates? I have tried
several other methods besides lorcon to inject packets, with no
difference. I have also edited to driver to no use the dynamic rate
selection algorithm but that failed to work either. I am using an Ath9k
card, linux 3.5.0.27-generic as my kernel, and Ubuntu 12.04LTS as my OS.
I have tried several other wireless cards as well with the same result.

Thanks,

--
Jackson Corson
UNH-IOL Wireless Consortium