Date:	Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:03:38 +0200
From:	Linus Lüssing <linus.luessing@....de>
To:	Amerigo Wang <amwang@...hat.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, Herbert Xu <herbert@...dor.hengli.com.au>,
	Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>,
	Adam Baker <linux@...er-net.org.uk>,
	Cong Wang <amwang@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: [net-next,v5,2/3] bridge: only expire the mdb entry when query
 is received

Hi Amerigo,

I just tested these three patches on top of 3.10-rc6 (thanks for
looking into these issues so far!) but unfortunately I'm still
having problems if there is no querier on the link:

We will never discover a multicast listener which sends its
startup MLD reports before being attached to the bridge port.

I had reported that issue two months ago to Herbert's patch which
changed the querier default [1].

I guess in such a scenario where neither our querier is activated
nor could we detect any querier, then the only safe thing we can
do is to disable the bridge multicast snooping, isn't it?

Cheers, Linus

[1]: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/264442