Date:	Mon, 28 Oct 2013 14:13:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:	Joseph Gasparakis <joseph.gasparakis@...el.com>
To:	Joseph Gasparakis <joseph.gasparakis@...el.com>
cc:	Or Gerlitz <or.gerlitz@...il.com>,
	Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz@...lanox.com>,
	John Fastabend <john.r.fastabend@...el.com>,
	Yan Burman <yanb@...lanox.com>,
	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>
Subject: Re: extending ndo_add_rx_vxlan_port

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Joseph Gasparakis wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Or Gerlitz wrote:

> > > Why don't you write up some code so everyone has something to look at?
> > > Then we can see what makes sense to do in terms of the existing or new ndos.
> >
> > sure, code talks, indeed, still, looking on net-next, for the current
> > ndo there's no in tree consumer unless I miss anything, did I?
> >
> > Or.
> >

> I don't think you missed anything. My patches for the i40e are currently
> in our trees and making their way to netdev. It will be very soon.

Oh! And I also forgot to mention that if you want to see how it
will be used, together with the patch mentioned above that introduces
the ndos, I had added an RFC patch against ixgbe that showcases how the
driver could use them. The RFC patch was just loging the info, but the
actual talking to the HW would be vendor specific anyway.