Date:	Sun, 12 Jan 2014 08:42:45 +0100
From:	Hannes Frederic Sowa <hannes@...essinduktion.org>
To:	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>,
	Bob Falken <NetFestivalHaveFun@....com>,
	Julian Anastasov <ja@....bg>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	kaber@...sh.net, tgraf@...g.ch
Subject: Re: Multicast routing stops functioning after 4G multicast packets recived.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 08:50:05AM +0100, Hannes Frederic Sowa wrote:
> > > Its a bit late here, so maybe following is just stupid :
> > > Cant we do the fib_rule_put() inside ipmr_fib_lookup() ?
> >
> > We could add bool noref to ipmr_fib_lookup indicating we want to drop
> > reference to rule just after lookup.
> >
> > I'll check if freeing a rule has additional side-effects on dependencies
> > in reg_vif_xmit. That would be a nice solution actually, thanks!
>
> Hmm, rule holds a reference to the net namespace in use. I don't know
> if we want to add this special case. I guess net-namespace reference
> cannot be removed while processing ndo_start_xmit callback but I don't
> like this special case somehow. But I guess it is possible.
>
> Your opinion on that?

Hm, Eric. If we do that we can just specifiy FIB_LOOKUP_NOREF
unconditionally. FIB_LOOKUP_NOREF has no other side effects on a ipmr
lookup as taking the reference on the rule, which we would drop after
that.

So we would actually be going back to the first patch in this thread. I
guess it is just a matter of style?

Greetings,

  Hannes