Date:	Sat, 22 Feb 2014 09:03:17 +0800
From:	jerry <jerry.lilijun@...wei.com>
To:	Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@....unipi.it>, <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	"freebsd-net@...ebsd.org" <net@...ebsd.org>
Subject: Re: netmap, VALE and netmap pipes

Hi Luigi,

How to use netmap pipe by pkt-gen commands?
I have tried the commands as follows:
  ./pkt-gen -i netmap:pipename{1 -f tx
  ./pkt-gen -i netmap:pipename}1 -f rx  (in another terminal)
But it works failed.
Should the pipename be replaced with a invalid NIC name such as "eth3" in netmap mode?

The netmap pipe works from software ring to software ring independently with NICs, I understand. Is that right?

B.R.
Jerry