Date:	Tue, 12 Aug 2014 21:52:27 +0200
From:	Bjørnar Ness <bjornar.ness@...il.com>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Fwd: about Bug 14007 - iproute2: socket lookup after..

Hello guys,

While experimenting with some not-so-common network setup, I came
across the same
issue as mentioned in bug (14007) from 5 years ago. This bug was
closed as "INVALID",
without any explanation, and I also am unable to find relevant
documents on this topic.

What I want to do is something like this:

sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind=1

nc -l 1.2.3.4 1234 &

ip rule del pref 0
ip rule add pref 100 table local
ip route add table 255 local 1.2.3.4/32<http://1.2.3.4/32> dev lo scope host
ip rule add pref 50 fwmark 0xff table 255

When I try to connect to 1.2.3.4 1234 or ping 1.2.3.4 I get "invalid argument"

What is the cause of this, and how can I accomplish what I want?

adding same route to local table does what I want.

--
Bj(/)rnar