Date:	Thu, 11 Sep 2014 18:16:44 +0200
From:	Martin Rusko <martin.rusko@...il.com>
To:	Vlad Yasevich <vyasevich@...il.com>,
	Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>
Cc:	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Sending undersized ARP packets with VXLAN L3 interface

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Martin Rusko <martin.rusko@...il.com> wrote:

> [...]
[...]
> Haven't had chance to test it with hardware switch yet, so it's only
> causing problems with Vmware so far, when inner ethernet frame is not
> padded.

Perhaps nobody is reading this anymore, but at least it will make it
to the archive for reference. :-)

So I tested also how HP 5930 switch handles small inner frames. They
were padded. So it's in line with what Stephen said, that the
receiving VTEP should pad frames to minimum size before sending them
to the medium where size check is enforced.

Regards,
Martin