Date:	Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:43:05 +0100
From:	Arend van Spriel <arend@...adcom.com>
To:	Michael Tokarev <mjt@....msk.ru>
CC:	Maximilian Engelhardt <maxi@...monizer.de>,
	Rafał Miłecki <zajec5@...il.com>,
	Seth Forshee <seth.forshee@...onical.com>,
	brcm80211 development <brcm80211-dev-list@...adcom.com>,
	"linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org" <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>,
	Network Development <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: BCM4313 & brcmsmac & 3.12: only semi-working?

On 19-11-14 22:00, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> [...]
> txsfovfl: 0
> pmqovfl: 0
> rxcgprqfrm: 0
> rxcgprsqovfl: 0
> txcgprsfail: 0
> txcgprssuc: 0
> prs_timeout: 0
> rxnack: 0
> frmscons: 0
> txnack: 0
> txglitch_nack: 38
> txburst: 4
> bphy_rxcrsglitch: 2
> phywatchdog: 0
> bphy_badplcp: 0
>

> As far as I can see, the stats are never updated during stall,
> no numbers are changing, at least while the download is waiting
> for the next packet.  Sometimes wpa_supplicant does something
> little, so some stats gets updated, eg, this is how it looks like
> after about 2..3 minutes:
>
> txallfrm: 420
> txrtsfrm: 201
> txctsfrm: 25
> txackfrm: 69
> txdnlfrm: 0
> txbcnfrm: 0
> txfunfl[8]: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
> txtplunfl: 0
> txphyerr: 0
> pktengrxducast: 0
> pktengrxdmcast: 0
> rxfrmtoolong: 1908
> rxfrmtooshrt: 73
> rxinvmachdr: 4115
> rxbadfcs: 15064
> rxbadplcp: 42368
> rxcrsglitch: 36620
> rxstrt: 26393
> rxdfrmucastmbss: 48
> rxmfrmucastmbss: 27
> rxcfrmucast: 158
> rxrtsucast: 0
> rxctsucast: 92
> rxackucast: 25
> rxdfrmocast: 113
> rxmfrmocast: 390
> rxcfrmocast: 962
> rxrtsocast: 38
> rxctsocast: 59
> rxdfrmmcast: 48
> rxmfrmmcast: 7681
> rxcfrmmcast: 0
> rxbeaconmbss: 1505
> rxdfrmucastobss: 0
> rxbeaconobss: 6059
> rxrsptmout: 171
> bcntxcancl: 0
> rxf0ovfl: 0
> rxf1ovfl: 0
> rxf2ovfl: 0
> txsfovfl: 0
> pmqovfl: 0
> rxcgprqfrm: 0
> rxcgprsqovfl: 0
> txcgprsfail: 0
> txcgprssuc: 0
> prs_timeout: 0
> rxnack: 0
> frmscons: 0
> txnack: 0
> txglitch_nack: 41
> txburst: 4
> bphy_rxcrsglitch: 5
> phywatchdog: 0
> bphy_badplcp: 0
>

> This is with 3.18-tobe kernel (current Linus git).

Well, it shows tx looks ok, but with download there is not much of that
going on. At least no large packets. However, I did find some missing
pieces related to bt-coex. Given that you device is a wifi-bt combo card
that is likely an issue for you. One of the missing pieces looks in
sprom for parameters and that is provided by bcma. However, it does not
seem to extract bt-coex related stuff. So I have attached a patch based
on 3.18-rc5 for bcma that dumps the sprom contents. Could you sent that
content to me.

Regards,
Arend

> Thanks,
>
> /mjt

View attachment "0001-bcma-dump-raw-sprom-content-for-debugging.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (982 bytes)