Date:	Thu, 27 Nov 2014 10:59:37 -1000
From:	Scott Feldman <sfeldma@...il.com>
To:	Jamal Hadi Salim <jhs@...atatu.com>
Cc:	John Fastabend <john.r.fastabend@...el.com>,
	"simon.horman@...ronome.com" <simon.horman@...ronome.com>,
	"alexander.h.duyck@...hat.com" <alexander.h.duyck@...hat.com>,
	"Ronciak, John" <john.ronciak@...el.com>,
	"mleitner@...hat.com" <mleitner@...hat.com>,
	Shrijeet Mukherjee <shrijeet@...il.com>,
	Andy Gospodarek <gospo@...ulusnetworks.com>,
	Benjamin LaHaise <bcrl@...ck.org>
Subject: Re: [patch net-next v3 02/17] net: make vid as a parameter for ndo_fdb_add/ndo_fdb_del

Ya right now the driver just doesn't call br_fdb_external_learn_add()
if LEARNING_SYNC is not set.  It's a port driver setting so it seems
fine to handle it in the port driver.  You could move the check up to
br_fdb_external_learn_add(), but then you have an extra call every 1s
for each fdb entry being refreshed.  (1s or whatever the refresh
frequency is).  Easier to avoid this overhead and make the decision at
the source.

-scott