Date:	Fri, 9 Jan 2015 16:15:58 +0000
From:	"Arad, Ronen" <ronen.arad@...el.com>
To:	Scott Feldman <sfeldma@...il.com>, Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us>
CC:	Siva Mannem <siva.mannem.lnx@...il.com>,
	Netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: Clarification regarding IFLA_BRPORT_LEARNING_SYNC and aging of
 fdb entries learnt via br_fdb_external_learn_add()

It is indeed simpler. However, if the overhead of reading hit bits from the HW
and updating freshness of entries using br_fdb_external_learn_add() is too
expensive, it would force such platforms to disable learning sync altogether.
Therefore, I believe aging offload flag (could be sufficient at bridge level)
and external aging interval (possibly longer than the software aging interval)
will encourage drivers to use leaning sync.