Date:	Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:14:37 +0000
From:	"Zhu, Yanjun" <Yanjun.Zhu@...driver.com>
To:	Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>,
	David Ahern <dsahern@...il.com>
CC:	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	"Wu, Kuaikuai" <Kuaikuai.Wu@...driver.com>,
	"Tao, Yue" <Yue.Tao@...driver.com>
Subject: RE: If bridge have no sub-interfaces, it's status may be still with
 'RUNNING'

Hi, all

We should make it compatible. So I made a patch to turn on carrier on this bridge interface when the last sub interface is removed.

Hi, David

Please make tests with this latest patch. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards!
Zhu Yanjun
From: Stephen Hemminger [stephen@...workplumber.org]
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 8:51 AM
To: David Ahern
Cc: Zhu, Yanjun; netdev; Wu, Kuaikuai; Tao, Yue
Subject: Re: If bridge have no sub-interfaces, it's status may be still with 'RUNNING'

Originally bridge code would start with carrier off,
but there were users using bridge as a form of dummy device
and this broke them. Therefore it was decided (like 5 yrs ago),
that bridge should start with carrier on.
View attachment "0001-bridge-turn-on-carrier-after-removing-the-last-sub-i.patch" of type "text/plain" (1025 bytes)