Date:	Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:45:58 -0800
From:	Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>
To:	Nicholas Krause <xerofoify@...il.com>
Cc:	"Nelson, Shannon" <shannon.nelson@...el.com>,
	Stefan Assmann <sassmann@...nic.de>,
	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	"e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net"
	<e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>,
	"Brandeburg, Jesse" <jesse.brandeburg@...el.com>
Subject: Re: [E1000-devel] i40e: crash on NMI by continuous module reload

On Fri, 2015-02-27 at 16:25 -0500, Nicholas Krause wrote:
> Thanks Shannon,
> For the advice on there being a newer driver and firmware to test that
> on before reporting the bug against this driver. I am curious as to
> why this newer code is not up streamed to Linux next yet through.

Because I still have ~40 patches in my queue for i40e that need to go
upstream to get the upstream driver in sync with our out-of-tree driver.

Also Nick, please do not take advantage of me being nice to you and
letting you remain on e1000-devel mailing list, even though you have
been banned on @vger.kernel.org mailing lists.  It is clear from your
attempts to help Stefan, you do not know the driver and your "blind
stabs in the dark" to assist, only hinder our abilities to assist
others.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)