Date:	Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:48:31 +0000
From:	David Laight <David.Laight@...LAB.COM>
To:	'Jamal Hadi Salim' <jhs@...atatu.com>,
	Daniel Borkmann <daniel@...earbox.net>,
	Neil Horman <nhorman@...driver.com>,
	Vlad Yasevich <vyasevic@...hat.com>
CC:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
Subject: RE: [RFC net-next 1/1] : sctp: denoise deprecation log on
 SCTP_EVENTS

From: Jamal Hadi Salim
> Sent: 09 July 2015 11:38
>
> In the newer kernels this message is extremely noisy. After a quick
> discussion with Daniel it seems to me it will be very hard to get
> existing apps that nobody is going to update to continue to work
> (i.e no forward compat). And newer apps that desire to play in both
> older kernels and new kernels will have to play some tricks to work
> (i.e weak backward compatibility).  These are good reasons
> to totally get rid of this message. At minimal to neutre it.
> The attached change tries to do that. However, if you had multiple
> apps, you will only get warning for the first one.

Never mind spanning the kernel log, there will be performance
issues with systems that are sending significant amounts of SCTP data.
I'm not sure you'll get 10000+/sec through the trace system.

I'm going to have to find which version this trace went into and
make sure we tell customers not to use the relevant kernel versions.

	David