Date:	Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:12:03 +0200
From:	Sebastian Fett <db_extern@....de>
To:	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: ARP response with link local IP, why not broadcast

Just a quick update on the subject.

Thanks for the input. It's good to see that I am not the only one that
has this problem.

Right now we go with our initial approach and bcast our arp responses.
We have a very local network build only for one purpose. Other devices
in that network use the same approach. And the master controll software
will arp request every address eventually.
It's not ideal and will potentially take a couple minutes to resolve
every conflict. But it's the best compromise between effort and benefit.

I'll let you know about our test results. Maybe somebody is interested.

Btw, I still wonder if I can partially keep the kernel from answering
ARP packets?