Date:	Thu, 13 Aug 2015 07:59:40 -0500
From:	Douglas Miller <dougmill@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
To:	"Siva Reddy (Siva) Kallam" <siva.kallam@...adcom.com>,
	Michael Chan <mchan@...adcom.com>
CC:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, Prashant Sreedharan <prashant@...adcom.com>
Subject: Re: Question on behavior of tg3_self_test() (ethtool -t on tg3 driver)

Very interesting. I was running a RHEL 7.1 kernel
3.10.0-229.ael7b.ppc64le (PowerPC). tg3 version 3.137, firmware
5719-v1.24i,  but unknown what patches were added to either of our modules.

We will investigate the environment more, under the assumption that we
should not be required to insert any delay between runs of ethtool -t
... offline.

Thanks Siva,
Doug