Date:	Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:08:20 +0300
From:	Ido Barkan <ibarkan@...hat.com>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: cannot classify vlanned traffic using tc-ematch

Hi all,

We want to support host level qos in oVirt hypervisors, but are not
able to classify
the vlanned traffic generated by the host to our desired hsfc qdisc classes.
SInce many of our customers use vlans, and vlans are the way we
separate networks
in the host, we have to be able to classify traffic according to vlan tag.

Our first attempt using the simple u32 matcher failed because it is
not working if the vlan
tagging is offloaded to the hardware.
As we were suggested in #netdev we tried once more using tc-ematch
that should support
this regardless of hardware acceleration.

We tried several ways to configured the filter but it never works. We
know it does not by:
- looking at counter of "tc -s class show dev"
- testing with iperf and seeing no shaping takes place

We tried those combinations:
* tc filter replace dev eno2 protocol 802.1q parent 1389: pref 16
basic match "meta(vlan eq 16)" flowid 0x10
* tc filter replace dev eno2 protocol 802.1q parent 1389: pref 16
basic match meta(vlan mask 0xfff eq 0x10) flowid 0x10
* tc filter replace dev eno2 protocol ip parent 1389: pref 16 basic
match meta(vlan mask 0xfff eq 0x10) flowid 0x10

But nothing works.

kernel 3.10.0-320.el7.x86_64

Can you help?

--