Date:	Thu, 17 Dec 2015 08:13:49 -0800
From:	Bryce Cronkite-Ratcliff <brycecr@...il.com>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Instantaneous Threshold ECN marking for DCTCP

Hi there,

I am attempting to run some experiments with DCTCP using mininet (so
this is all user-level emulation -- my switch is a linux namespace
using OVS). My question is on how to apply DCTCP's AQM. DCTCP's AQM
just marks all packets with CE if they are received when the queue is
over a threshold value of K and otherwise does not mark CE. The DCTCP
papers I have seen suggest that RED can be used to achieve this: set
probability to 1, burst to 1, and min and max to the same value.

However, tc-red, in accordance with this paper, does not allow burst
to be significantly below the minimum threshold value, so I am unable
to set the parameters I would like -- in particular to set burst to 1
-- without monkey-patching tc.

Is there a way to achieve this simple threshold-ECN marking AQM with
tc, or another approach?

Thank you!