Date:	Tue, 23 Feb 2016 18:59:46 -0500
From:	Sowmini Varadhan <sowmini.varadhan@...cle.com>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	mroos@...ux.ee, sparclinux@...r.kernel.org, edumazet@...gle.com,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Invalid sk_policy[] access

> > Since there are no config-dependent difference in the struct, maybe it's
> > a compiler version difference for padding/optimization instead?
>
> Changing the layout of a structure would break ABI, so unlikely.
>
> I've never used crash, so I have no idea where it gets it's
> information from nor how it interprets it.

fwiw, I applied the exact same printk to the T5, namely,

                printk(KERN_INFO "sizeof sock %ld \n"
                        "sizeof request_sock %ld\n"
                        "sizeof inet_request_sock %ld\n"
                        "offsetof sk_policy 1 %ld\n",
                        sizeof (struct sock), sizeof (struct request_sock),
                        sizeof (struct inet_request_sock),
                        offsetof(struct sock, sk_policy[1]));

and got this:

   sizeof sock 1216
   sizeof request_sock 312
   sizeof inet_request_sock 328
   offsetof sk_policy 1 520

So it's good to know that crash does not lie.

But then it's odd that the struct sizes (esp of things like
request_sock, which are not config dependant) are not the same.

--Sowmini