Date:	Sun, 1 May 2016 21:48:03 +0300
From:	Ran Shalit <ranshalit@...il.com>
To:	Peter PalĂșch <Peter.Paluch@....uniza.sk>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, alexander.duyck@...il.com
Subject: Re: Q: How to disable vlan strip in Intel igb driver ?

>> Ran
>
> You should be able to turn off the offload by setting
> "rx-vlan-offload" to "off" via "ethtool -K".
>
> - Alex

Alex,
I don't see rx-vlan-offload option in my ethtool. strange, maybe it is
not available in all ethtool versions ?

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 9:22 PM, Peter PalĂșch <Peter.Paluch@....uniza.sk> wrote:
> Ran,
>
> How are you accessing the VLAN tag information - and how do you know that
> the VLAN tag is not being passed through? Are you using AF_PACKET socket in
> your application?
>
> Best regards,
> Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, I'm using AF_PACKET (I can't validate it now for 100%, but I
quite sure about it).
I'm accessing the ethernet header, and it always gives me non extended
ethernet header (without vlan information).
I can see the vlan tag in vlan_tci field in sk_buff, but this is not
exactly what I need, I need the header AS-IS with the original
(extended) ethernet header.

Thanks.
Ran