Date:	Tue, 24 May 2016 12:46:56 -0700
From:	Alexander Duyck <alexander.duyck@...il.com>
To:	Brandon Philips <brandon@...p.co>
Cc:	Jesse Brandeburg <jesse.brandeburg@...el.com>,
	John Fastabend <john.fastabend@...il.com>,
	Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>,
	Mark Rustad <mark.d.rustad@...el.com>,
	Netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	Matthew Garrett <mjg59@...f.ucam.org>
Subject: Re: ixgbe: ksoftirqd consumes 100% CPU w/ ~50 TCP conns

I'm guessing the issue is lock contention on the IOMMU resource table.
I resolved most of that for the Rx side back when we implemented the
Rx page reuse but the Tx side still has to perform a DMA mapping for
each individual buffer.  Depending on the needs of the user if they
still need the IOMMU enabled for use with something like KVM one thing
they may try doing is use the kernel parameter "iommu=pt" to allow
host devices to access memory without the penalty for having to
allocate/free resources and still provide guests with IOMMU isolation.

- Alex