Date:	Tue, 5 Jul 2016 18:31:30 -0700
From:	Casey Schaufler <casey@...aufler-ca.com>
To:	David Ahern <dsa@...ulusnetworks.com>,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
	Paul Moore <paul@...l-moore.com>
Cc:	Linux-Netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	Casey Schaufler <casey@...aufler-ca.com>
Subject: Re: Network hang after c3f1010b30f7fc611139cfb702a8685741aa6827 with
 CIPSO & Smack

On 7/5/2016 5:49 PM, David Ahern wrote:
> On 7/5/16 5:38 PM, Casey Schaufler wrote:
>> I have encountered a system hang with my Smack
>> networking tests that bisects to the change below.
>> I can't say that I have any idea why the change
>> would impact the Smack processing, but there appears
>> to be some serious packet processing going on. The
>> Smack code is using CIPSO on the loopback interface.
>> The test is supposed to verify that labels can be
>> set on the packets using CIPSO. Unlabeled packets
>> do not appear to be impacted. I do not know if SELinux
>> is affected, and if not, why not. Smack and SELinux
>> use CIPSO differently.
>
> What are the commands to repeat the test?

There is a tar file attached with the tests.
Put the etc/smack/user file into /etc/smack/user.
In the tools-2012 directory run make to build
the tools. The test in question is called
testnetworking.sh and needs to be run as root.
You will need to configure Smack in the kernel,
of course.

Download attachment "smack-tests.tar" of type "application/octet-stream" (102400 bytes)