Date:   Tue, 20 Sep 2016 11:08:44 +0200
From:   Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@...hat.com>
To:     "netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        "iovisor-dev@...ts.iovisor.org" <iovisor-dev@...ts.iovisor.org>
Cc:     brouer@...hat.com, Tom Herbert <tom@...bertland.com>,
        Tariq Toukan <tariqt@...lanox.com>,
        Rana Shahout <rana.shahot@...il.com>,
        Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@...lanox.com>,
        Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...mgrid.com>,
        Alexei Starovoitov <ast@...com>,
        Jonathan Corbet <corbet@....net>, Nathan Willis <nate@....net>,
        linux-doc@...r.kernel.org
Subject: XDP (eXpress Data Path) documentation

Hi all,

As promised, I've started documenting the XDP eXpress Data Path):

 [1] https://prototype-kernel.readthedocs.io/en/latest/networking/XDP/index.html

IMHO the documentation have reached a stage where it is useful for the
XDP project, BUT I request collaboration on improving the documentation
from all. (Native English speakers are encouraged to send grammar fixes ;-))

You wouldn't believe it: But this pretty looking documentation actually
follows the new Kernel documentation format.  It is actually just
".rst" text files stored in my github repository under kernel/Documentation [2]

 [2] https://github.com/netoptimizer/prototype-kernel/tree/master/kernel/Documentation

Thus, just git clone my repository and started editing and send me
patches (or github pull requests). Like:

 $ git clone https://github.com/netoptimizer/prototype-kernel
 $ cd prototype-kernel/kernel/Documentation/
 $ make html
 $ firefox _build/html/index.html &

This new documentation format combines the best of two worlds, pretty
online browser documentation with almost plain text files, and changes
being tracked via git commits [3] (and auto git hooks to generate the
readthedocs.org page). You got to love it! :-)

--
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer

[3] https://github.com/netoptimizer/prototype-kernel/commits/master