Date:   Tue, 22 Nov 2016 14:16:53 +0000
From:   Joao Pinto <Joao.Pinto@...opsys.com>
To:     Lars Persson <lars.persson@...s.com>,
        Giuseppe CAVALLARO <peppe.cavallaro@...com>
CC:     Joao Pinto <Joao.Pinto@...opsys.com>,
        Rayagond Kokatanur <rayagond@...avyalabs.com>,
        Rabin Vincent <rabin@....in>, mued dib <kreptor@...il.com>,
        David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
        Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>,
        "jiri@...lanox.com" <jiri@...lanox.com>,
        "saeedm@...lanox.com" <saeedm@...lanox.com>,
        "idosch@...lanox.com" <idosch@...lanox.com>,
        netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        "CARLOS.PALMINHA@...opsys.com" <CARLOS.PALMINHA@...opsys.com>,
        Andreas Irestål <andire@...s.com>,
        "alexandre.torgue@...com" <alexandre.torgue@...com>,
        "linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org"
        <linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>
Subject: Re: Synopsys Ethernet QoS Driver

Hi Lars and Peppe,

On 21-11-2016 16:11, Joao Pinto wrote:
> [...]

snip (...)

>>> Hi Lars,

>>> So your ideia is to pick the ethernet/stmmac and rename it to ethernet/synopsys
>>> and try to improve the structure and add the missing QoS features to it?
>>
>> Indeed this is what I prefer.
>
> Ok, it makes sense.
> Just for curiosity the target setup is the following:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V-LB5y2Cos
> but instead of using internal drivers, we desire to use mainline drivers only.
>
> Thanks!

Regarding this subject, I am thinking of making the following adaption:

a) delete ethernet/synopsys
b) rename ethernet/stmicro/stmmac to ethernet/synopsys

and send you a patch for you to evaluate. Both agree with the approach?
To have a new work base would be important, because I will add to the "new"
structure some missing QoS features like Multichannel support, CBS and later TSN.

Thanks.