Date:   Tue, 14 Feb 2017 16:14:02 +0530
From:   Sriram V <vshrirama@...il.com>
To:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Linux raw socket issue

Hi,

Apologies if this is not the right mailing list.
I have 2 network interfaces eth0 and eth1. eth0 is the lan and eth1 is the wlan.

I have created a raw socket and bound to eth0 using the below call.

setsockopt(sockfd, SOL_SOCKET, SO_BINDTODEVICE, ifName, strlen(ifName) + 1

I am listening for raw ethernet packets on the eth0. I am getting
packets even if i have removed the
lan cable. I am not sure how the packets from eth1 and sent to eth0?

My program is https://gist.github.com/austinmarton/2862515

I am not sure if there is any IP forwarding causing the issue. There
is a procfs regarding ip forwarding
turning it off or on. does not make any different.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Sriram