Date:   Mon, 20 Feb 2017 05:23:46 +0000
From:   YUAN Linyu <Linyu.Yuan@...atel-sbell.com.cn>
To:     Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@...il.com>,
        "David S . Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>,
        Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>
CC:     "netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        "cugyly@....com" <cugyly@....com>
Subject: RE: create drivers/net/mdio and move mdio drivers into it

1. the main issue is mdio driver mixed with phy driver/ethernet driver.
2. move them together, it's easy to maintain, add, delete or optimization(we can do it step by step).

3. another idea is bind mdio device to network device
4. support mdio auto probe phy device.
For 3, 4 can take device tree as example,
Current,
			ethernet@...00 {
				phy-handle = <&rgmii_phy1>;
				phy-connection-type = "rgmii";