Date:   Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:36:53 -0700
From:   Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@...il.com>
To:     Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@...nel.crashing.org>,
        netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Network driver "test suite"

Hi,

On 04/11/2017 05:16 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Hi folks !
>
> Does anybody knows of an existing kind of automated "test suite" for a
> network/ethernet driver ?
>
> IE. Something we could run both on the "tested" driver and a cross-over
> "known good" peer (possibly the latter set to promisc & no offload for
> proper analysis), that would out the driver through a whole bunch of
> tests, such as verifying the checksum offload on a various combinations
> of headers lenghts and encapsulation, vlan stuff, multicast filters,
> etc... ?

You could start with using LNST:

https://github.com/jpirko/lnst

and there is also Ostinato which is a great way to get access to
something IXIA-like, but all configurable in software through python
bindings. Andrew's dsa-tests make use of it, but they would not be
directly portable here [1].

[1]: https://github.com/lunn/dsa-tests
--
Florian