Date:   Sun, 11 Jun 2017 20:58:46 -0400
From:   Donald Sharp <sharpd@...ulusnetworks.com>
To:     Nikolay Aleksandrov <nikolay@...ulusnetworks.com>
Cc:     Yotam Gigi <yotamg@...lanox.com>,
Subject: Re: ipmr: MFC routes when VIF deleted

I would argue that this is just an unintended side effect of the
original implementation.  Shuffling interface vif's seems like a good
way to churn a significant number of mroutes to me.  If you want to
use a interface it probably is going to be already be configured with
it's own vif, and as such it's just better to figure out the new
proper RPF and insert that mroute.  If it isn't, then I need to bring
up that new vif ( and all it's associated pim information, like
establishing a new neighbor relationship ) when I do need to shuffle
interface vif's, In that time I'm dropping a signficant number of
packets while this is happening and all our end users are going to be
screaming at us to fix that hole.

donald