Date:   Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:41:16 +0100
From:   Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@...hat.com>
To:     Jorgen Hansen <jhansen@...are.com>
Cc:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: AF_VSOCK unimplemented sockopts

Hi Jorgen,
There are 3 sockopts defined in include/uapi/linux/vm_sockets.h that are
currently not implemented in net/vmw_vsock/af_vsock.c:

 * SO_VM_SOCKETS_PEER_HOST_VM_ID
 * SO_VM_SOCKETS_TRUSTED
 * SO_VM_SOCKETS_NONBLOCK_TXRX

I noticed this because SO_VM_SOCKETS_TRUSTED is interesting for
virtio-vsock.  Services listening on AF_VSOCK inside the guest may not
want arbitrary unprivileged host processes to connect.  Instead of
inventing a new solution I wanted to look into SO_VM_SOCKETS_TRUSTED but
found it is not implemented in linux.git.

What is the status of these sockopts?

Thanks,
Stefan

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (456 bytes)