Date:   Thu, 31 Aug 2017 14:50:28 +0300
From:   Kalle Valo <kvalo@...eaurora.org>
To:     Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
Cc:     David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, xiyou.wangcong@...il.com,
        torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, akpm@...ux-foundation.org,
        netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [GIT] Networking

(Adding linux-wireless)

Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz> writes:

> On Thu 2017-08-31 07:44:58, Kalle Valo wrote:
>> David Miller <davem@...emloft.net> writes:
>>
>> > From: Kalle Valo <kvalo@...eaurora.org>
>> > Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 20:31:31 +0300

>> > As a maintainer you have a right to handle bug fixing in that way, but
>> > certainly that is not how I would handle this.
>> >
>> > It's easy to validate this fix, it's extremely unlikely to cause
>> > a regression, and fixes a problem someone actually was able to
>> > trigger.
>> >
>> > Deferring to -next only has the side effect of making people wait
>> > longer for the fix.
>>
>> Yeah, you are right there. I did actually ponder which I tree should
>> commit it back in July but due to various reasons decided differently.
>
> Can we still get the fix to v4.13-final? :-).

I'm not planning to submit pull requests to 4.13 anymore. If you think
this is so important that it needs to be applied in the last minute (I
don't) you could always try to convince Dave to take it directly.

Or better yet, push it to the stable tree. If the merge window opens on
Sunday I suspect that the commit will be in Linus' tree sometime next
week. Then you can submit the request to the stable team to take it.

--
Kalle Valo